Tuesday 7 December 2010

Dear crush...

During August of this year, I embarked upon an exercise which involved writing 30 letters in 30 days. Day 2 required me to write a letter to my crush, and this is what I wrote:

Dear Crush,

Does it matter that you're my own character in my own novel that I wrote for last year's NaNoWriMo? Does that REALLY matter? I don't think so.

Please don't be insulted, but I took inspiration for you from the Twilight series. NOT because you're like those characters. NOT because you're a vampire or a werewolf (for you are not any of those). But the inspiration I took was from hearing people say what sucked them into that particular series was that they craved the sort of chivalry that the likes of Edward Cullen show.

My inspiration for you was to think about what I really wanted in a man. And poof! There you were in my head. So I wrote about you, already knowing I was in lust/love with you. You are like no man I've ever known, sad to say. You're far from perfect, and you've got your issues. Big time hang-ups. But you're sweet, and kind, and you have the biggest heart. You're unconventionally sexy, too. That helps, I guess. You're not a pin-up boy. Hell no. You're ordinary looking, though nice and tall - but the more I get to know you, the sexier you really are.

So there you go. I love you, because I made you up, and damn my imagination has been kind to me!

Fondest regards, baby. :D

Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!