Sunday 19 June 2011

BuNoWriMo update

So yeah. Been mildly slack lately with the BuNo writing, but I am DETERMINED that I will win! So have no fear on that. Still, there have been some nights when I've written nothing at all, and other nights where I've written 400 odd words.

Still, I've got a total word count (I opted not to include those 're-write' chapters I was cheating by including for a while there. hehe) of 36,456, which since I'm at June 19th right now averages out to 1,918 or so words per day. Not my greatest effort, for sure, but not doing too badly. The thing is I'm writing on all SORTS of projects. I haven't just stuck to one.

I finished the first one, titled LOST, MISSING, GONE, which weighed in at about 22k, and then was scrambling around for other stuff to write. The original plan, which was to work on THE NEW WORLD, sort of died early on, and yet I have done a little bit of work on that. This is going to sound funny coming from me, a renowned pantser, but I'm finding that one hard to write on when I don't have a plan... Anyway, I've also done work on this week's Chrysalis story, very temporarily titled JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE OFFICE, which has blown out to 5,089 words so far. I've probably done about 3,000 extra on another Chrysalis story, titled "Sanctuary" (the start of which was my winning entry for the Power of Tension Blogfest). And I'm counting all Chrysalis stories written during June towards my word count. So I guess it's adding up. I just need to keep on top of it!

Usually with WriMos I like to be really ahead of the curve, and usually I am - by a long way too. I mean, some years with NaNo I've hit 50k by day 6, other years by day 11 or 12. Stuff like that. So this is slow going for me. But I'm still enjoying working on all the stories!

I want to say congrats to Donna Hole who got a short story accepted in the Open Heart Publishing anthology titled An Honest Lie. Congrats Donna!! And I want to say a big thanks to Susan Fields who apparently thinks I'm irresistibly sweet, and gave me an award to go with that! Yay me!! Hehe. Finally, hi to everyone who's a follower, and THANK YOU for following. :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow! There is no way I would be able to switch back and forth to so many stories! I pretty much plan, too! Sounds like you're a very good multi-tasker! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so well! Much better than me, but I'm hoping to get to thirty thousand by the end of Bunowrimo. It's better than nothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jessica - it's pretty interesting, to be sure. hehe. I feel a little schizo.

    @Christine - thanks, but I feel like I'm under the pump! Silly I guess... Good luck with your word count, I'm sure you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing better than I am at BuNoWriMo this year. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only write one story at a time. I'm so impressed that you can do multiples. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome wordcounts, Trisha. I tip my bonnet at you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you are doing pretty well....Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys ;) I also had an idea for how to proceed with "Day at the Office" this morning. So...yay! :)

    @Karen - hang in there!! Hope you get some time and/or inspiration, as you need.

    @Kari M. - I'm not sure it's a good thing what I'm doing, but it's interesting for sure. hehe

    @Deborah - thanks :)

    @Savannah - thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!