Saturday 5 November 2011

NaNo-Chrysalis crossover



So, Day 5 of NaNoWriMo draws to a close and I've got a word count of 18,038. The number I needed to reach today was 16,666.6 recurring until it gets to 7. As in, 16,666.6666666666667. I think. Or maybe I put one too many 6s in there. Either way, it was something like that, at least according to my Mac's in-built calculator. I've decided to go with that!

I also wrote about 1200 words for the Chrysalis Experiment today, hence the inclusion of the icon above. I wrote it using my novel's characters, and I may be able to use it towards my NaNo word count eventually. For now, it's set aside as a little 'vignette'.

In other news, I enjoyed a post-Halloween Halloween party this evening with some great friends. Haven't had that much fun on Halloween in a long time!

Anyway...may all your Day 5s end on positive notes as mine did, and may each of you glimpse a fluffy bunny or two ('cause man they're cute!).

5 comments:

  1. Good job, Trisha! I've seen a lot of NaNoWriMo posts and I think you're all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had fun at the party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I'm at 17,004 but I want to be at 18,700 by midnight so I will have reached my goal of 7k today. Right now it's 9:30.

    I haven't' even given a serious thought to Chrysalis, though I do have an idea for this weeks prompt. Awesome of you to stay on track with both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea how you have time to do NaNo with the goals you have AND go to a party! Are you sleeping??? You sound like you're having fun so... go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Gwen - thank you!

    @Eagle - it was fun...and we had yummy cupcakes :)

    @Brooke, that's a great count!! Hope you got to your goal before sleepy time! :) We are kickin' butt eh?!?!

    @Danette - well, I'm not sleeping too *well* but yes, I'm sleeping. hehe. I think I need a holiday around about NOW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!