Thursday 29 December 2011

An update

Hi everyone! I'm just popping in to post briefly (or that's the plan...sometimes my plans go awry and I post non-briefly!) so that I can still say I've written one blog post per week for 2011. Yep, one of my writing-related goals this year was to post at least once a week in this blog. I have other goals, but I'm not yet ready to do an assessment of all of them, because I haven't yet achieved all of them.

The Chrysalis Experiment, for example. We have our final prompt (#52) up, and I have yet to write that story. Won't take me long, but I have other stuff I'm concentrating on first and foremost. Namely the fact that I have to revise 4.5 chapters of NAUSICAA, then all 5 appendices (yes, the novel has appendices), in 2.5 days. I've been a real slacker on this so far, but I'm getting there in these last few days of the month. I will achieve my goals, but it will be another case of staggering over the finish line, as I did with this year's NaNoWriMo.

So yes, it will be a busy few days to end off the month for me. And then I'll be in 2012, and will have a bunch of new goals to start working on! I think I will have to do my "2011 wrap-up" on December 31st, or possibly in the new year. Meanwhile, I hope you all had a great Christmas, and that your New Year's Eves are lots of fun! I'm going to be hanging out on a friend's couch in the beautiful Perth hills instead of braving the evil drunken hoards out on the town. I'm way too old for that crap!

Unless I post sooner, see you in 2012!!!

11 comments:

  1. I had a wonderful Christmas thankyou :)
    Congrats on achieving your blogging goal. See you in 2012
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been out for New Year's in ages. I can drink cheap champagne in the comfort of my recliner and not have to wear heels. Good luck on your end of the year push!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great New Year! Good luck finishing everything you have planned for this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading the short stories that come from the Chrysalis experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great New Years and even if it's staggering over the finish line, you still did it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!

    Over at the Kelworth Files, I'm celebrating my 400th post, and have named you as one of my MVPs for all your great comments! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the blogging goal and we know you'll finish the others, staggering or not. A win is a win!!

    I prefer to stay home on New Year's Eve. It just seem safer somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't met all my goals, either. It happens. As long as you know you did as much as you could, it's all right :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New year back to you! And by the way, it's funny that you say you staggered over the NaNoWriMo finish line since you set a goal that was twice as high as other participants! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on reaching your blogging goal!

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always so hard at work :)
    If I don't talk to you before then, Happy New year 2012. I can't wait to read what goals you will set for yourself again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!