Thursday 28 March 2013

A to Z, house moving and NOT writing

Hi all! I know it's been a while since I posted (for me, by my usual standards), and I think it's because I'm a bit preoccupied right now with a few different things:


  1. I put an offer on a villa/mini house/thingy (I've seen it referred to as all these things and more), and am now waiting for settlement
    • I have 5 years' worth of accumulated "stuff" to sort through ahead of a potential early May move
      • I'm digitising all my old paperwork that I don't need to keep in paper form
      • I'm trying to figure out what furniture/other stuff to take with me and what to leave
  2. We have also been in a bit of chaos at work, but for the most part except for unpleasantness related to ongoing renovations happening around us, all that has calmed down.


The result of the above is that:


  1. I haven't actually written a new word or revised an old one during March
  2. I don't have an A to Z theme picked out yet (got a few ideas but nothing has seized me)

Thankfully, I'm not all that stressed about any of the above. I am very happy that it's almost the Easter long weekend and I will get a few more days than usual over the weekend to hang out at home chillaxing (and "sorting", of course). I have stocked up on junk food and wine, and I've got my DVDs all lined up too. heh. But I think this post probably explains my absence and the fact that I still haven't got through visiting all the participants of the top 10 movies blogfest, let alone the other blogfests/hops I've participated in lately.

I still intend to get all that done, as well as getting back to all my creative stuff...and deciding once and for all on an A to Z theme. Obviously the A to Z is the most pressing, but other than that I might just keep meandering for a while longer.

It's kind of nice, actually!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a very safe and happy Easter holiday. :) I think I'll be posting once more before March ends, with my latest travel post, but as of April you'll be seeing me a lot!

8 comments:

  1. good luck with the paperwork - I hate organizing those - and with the moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, moving! I hate moving, but once it's over, then it's nice because everything is all organized and neat - for a while. My house is so cluttered I almost want to move again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there, Trisha -- meandering and busy doing other than writing. It works itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the villa/mini house/thingy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with moving! It'll be a great opportunity to organize the entire house, for sure. I'm skipping A-Z this year because I need to focus on writing :)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it sounds like you've been quite busy. I hope you get the time to write soon. Well, I suppose you'll be at least writing blog posts since April is next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're not stressed even though you sound pretty busy. Tell me your secret to stay calm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with moving! Also, does that one chocolate bunny have its face eaten off? It looks kinda like a zombie bunny. Zombie Chocolate Bunnies would be a cool band name, no? Or a supervillain....:P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!