Thursday 25 April 2013

A-Z '13 - Vagabond


During April a bunch of bloggers are participating in the A-to-Z blogging challenge of 2013. My theme this year is an A-to-Z list of classic Aussie tunes - either classic or just plain songs I like. Today's letter is "V", and it was another day of slim pickins (there was a band in my town called the Slim Pickins a while ago...not sure what they're doing now). The song I've chosen is:

Vagabond - Wolfmother


Wolfmother are one of those bands that some Australians love to hate, but I think they're pretty good. The album this song is from happens to be the only one I've heard, their self-titled 2004 release. The song itself is one of the quieter moments on the album, and it's one of my favourite moments too. And Steve, if you're reading this, do feel free to give me suggestions for additional "V" songs. ;)



Honourable mentions:

16 comments:

  1. How many times did the ball bounce? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name Vagabond, It sounds so cool. Thanks for sharing such an awesome song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your Aussie music posts! I don't remember this song, but have heard of Wolfmother! Happy A-to-Z 2013! ~Angela, Whole Foods Living, http://www.wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy V Day, Trisha! You have an award to pick up over at The Squid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another new one for me. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of their albums and cannot wait for number three!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wolfmother is a cool name for a band.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like their sound - mind you could have probably made a better vid myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm one of those aussies who don't like Wolfmother. Not so interesting trivia, I photographed Andrew Stockdale at a wedding once. He's incredibly short, even with the hair. In fact, I suspect that's why the hair.

    Because you insist, I'm going to go with Ashleigh Auckland's Vagabond. Can't find any videos of that particular song, but it's on her website. http://www.ashleighauckland.com.au

    I'd probably have gone with Primary's Vicious Precious for my top V song though. Love that album.

    And Darren Hanlon's Video Store. Dazza is more folk-pop than rock I guess, but I like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I know something else about Andrew Stockdale that really doesn't paint him in a good light, but I won't say it in public :P

      Delete
    2. Well gosh. Now I want to know. :P
      You should inbox me on last.fm!

      Delete
  10. The song was fine. The video was rather ordinary however!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved the song! (Have I started to sound like a broken record? LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!