Tuesday 15 April 2014

A to Z ~ Mermaid's Mirror, the



This year my A to Z theme harks back to 2012's theme, in which I listed an A-to-Z of books from my GoodReads "TBR" shelf. This year I want to revisit that list and report on which ones I've read, and what rating I gave them. Where the book hasn't been read, I'll mention other books starting with that letter I have read since 2012. ;)

"M" ... THE MERMAID'S MIRROR
Status: Read

Review:
I'd already read L.K. Madigan's FLASH BURNOUT and absolutely loved it, so when I started THE MERMAID'S MIRROR I expected to enjoy it as well. I also knew it would be a different reading experience, since it was about mermaids, unlike FLASH BURNOUT (contemp YA). I did enjoy the read, but I guess I prefer the style of her other novel to this one. I believe L.K. Madigan had wished to continue with this book and make it a series, and would have if not for her untimely passing. I definitely would have read a follow-up if one had ever been released, because this story certainly feels incomplete. Still, her writing style didn't disappoint - she was a great writer. May she RIP.


Some of my favourite "M" books/stories read:

Memory Of Light, A - Robert Jordan. 4 stars.
Migration (Species Imperative, #2) - Julie E. Czerneda. 5 stars.
muted: a short story in verse - Jessica Bell. 5 stars.
My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult. 4 stars.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I hadn't heard of this book or author and was thinking I should catch up with her work, then read that she passed away. How sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read My Sister's Keeper for years, but I haven't. Soon. Hopefully.

    It's terrible that she wasn't able to continue with a series. That is something I fear. I hope that when I die, all of my work is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad when a writer goes. RIP indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad. Glad you brought these books to my attention. I will be checking them out! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love My Sister's Keeper. Such a lovely book. Had me in tears,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with the author or the story, but I love the cover. And, having grown up on the ocean I do like the idea of mermaids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this author, but I may give her a try now. Thanks for letting us know about her. It's too bad she passed, but if Heaven is truly Heaven, writing will be permitted there. :-)
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!