Tuesday 9 December 2014

Reading goal = Writer Blogger novels



One of my goals for a while now has been to read as many of my blogger writer friends' books as I can. Sometimes these authors are people I don't really know but am still only aware of because of the writer blogger community I'm a part of. But often they're people I do consider to be friends.

I did make quite a bit of progress this year, with reading the following books:

  • Breakthrough - Stephen Tremp
  • That Fatal Kiss - Mina Lobo
  • Healing Summer - Elizabeth Seckman
  • Reborn - Cherie Reich
  • CassaStar - Alex J. Cavanaugh
  • CassaFire - Alex J. Cavanaugh
  • CassaStorm - Alex J. Cavanaugh
  • Motocross Me - Cheyanne Young
  • Three Daves - Nicki Elson
  • The Trouble With Flying - Rachel Morgan
  • The Shadows Trilogy - Jolene Perry
  • Not Your Fault - Cheyanne Young
  • Nobody Knows - Kyra Lennon
  • Dragonfly - Leigh Talbot Moore
  • Strength - Carrie Butler

And I'm currently reading:

  • The Summer I Found You - Jolene Perry

Obviously I still have heaps of books yet to read, that you guys have written. But I'm quite happy with the progress I made this year.

A goal in the new year is to use some of my "leftover at the end of pay period" dollars & cents to buy copies of your books that I haven't bought yet. But that will probably be a slow, gradual process. For now, I've got plenty of your books still on my Kindle not yet read. And I also have at least one or two print copies on my bookshelves to read, too. Wheeee!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Trisha - I must do what you're doing and read the books I've bought ..many from blogging friends - some of yours I have ... in the coming months I'll do some catching up. Love the photo .. fun .. cheers and here's to more reading next year ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Hilary! I love reading my bloggy friends' books. I just hope I have one of my own out there to share someday soon. ha.

      And yes, I always get oddly excited about the idea of what I might read next year. :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for reading all three of my books! You rock. And since you read all three, I guess I don't suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, far from it! And I can't wait to read your new book either! :)

      It wasn't a chore to read your books, so I should be thanking you instead for writing them. :D

      Delete
  3. I am attempting to do the same thing and I plan to get my first Kindle next month which will help me a great deal. I have a few books on that list on my current TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got a Kindle mostly for this purpose ;) And also because I had been given a few free books here & there, and had no way of reading them.

      Delete
    2. Though I also find it really useful being able to send my own novels and other stories to Kindle, to read on that. :) I guess it's another way of 'editing on paper', without the paper.

      Delete
  4. I think you're totally awesome and I see blog friends as real friends- sometimes more loyal than the ones I see daily. Ever need a review copy, let me know. I always need reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I am very grateful that I've met such lovely friends through this community - including you! :)

      I'd be happy to read any review copy :D But I do like to support my fwends by buying as well. But I'm more likely to get a review up quicker if I get an ARC.

      Delete
  5. What a great blogger you are Trish. I have so many blogger books on my Kindle it's just embarrassing. I have so many started, half finished, finished yet to review. I'll try to organise myself in 2015. I recommend Julie Flander's Ghost of Aquinnah to add to your list.

    I wish you every good wish for Christmas and the New Year!

    Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bloggers write such great books. I've read a few on your list but there's so many more to get to. Definitely a goal for next year! Also to review more, because I've been slacking on that, but I always leave a star rating at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read Strength and Reborn, loved them. I love purchasing books from fellow bloggers because I understand how important support and review are. If I didn't work fulltime, I imagine I would buy as many as possible and read all week long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this list. I really had no idea all these people had these books out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!