Saturday 1 August 2015

[JULY UPDATE] Book Club & Goals

I meant to post this yesterday, but am only getting around to it now. Better late than never!






I was excited to be reading this book that I just didn't want to put down, as that has seemed a little difficult to find lately.

The story in Charade flowed really well, the characters were addictive (as was the storyline), and it was just a really good read. It might not have been the most perfectly written story in terms of the actual writing, but the story was engrossing.

I was excited to see there's another book in the series, too! Thanks for a very satisfying read, Nyrae.





Oh jeez, what a sad state of affairs. My goals are just lying in the dust. The only bright spot is that I'm still reading! But I have to admit that I'm lagging behind with my reading goal - five books behind, to be exact.

One of my main problems is that I am simply not dedicating enough time to reading. I desperately want to change that. Sometimes there's nothing better than chilling out on a weekend and catching up on some reading. But I guess we'll see how I go.

As for the other goals ... don't even go there. But I can say that I am motivated to do some editing. And I am going to try and step away from some of my other extracurricular commitments at least a little bit, so I can get back into writing / editing.

6 comments:

  1. Not being able to put a book down is an under-appreciated accomplishment for a writer, I think. I've read a lot of good books over the past month, so many that I had a hard time choosing just one for the Coffeehouse. So often, the choice is between one where I feel the subject is important as opposed to being a truly engaging read. Mindset was more important than The Graveyard Book but the latter was a better book as I was able to lose myself in its pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding the time to read can be a problem. Life seems to always get in the way.
    Isn't it great to find a book you can not put down.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we have to just force ourselves to make time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading with a passion. I dread the day if I don't get books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes time just gets away from us all but there is always time to read even if it is a few minutes at bedtime but to be able to put a chunk of time into a book is very rewarding. An engrossing story line can make you find the time to read. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I reached my reading goal for 2015, I still find unwinding with a book my go-to after a stressing day. But this month I've been all over the place and I haven't found much time to read either.

    So you're not alone!

    Glad you found a book you liked though! One great book = five "okaaay" books in my mind. xD You'll catch up w/ your reading goal, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!