Tuesday 24 November 2015

BETTER THAN THE BEST ~ Amabel Daniels

I'm very happy to be sharing the book cover and blurb for
Amabel Daniels's debut novel, Better Than The Best,
which I had the privilege of beta-reading for her. I made
reference to my beta-reading experience with this novel
in these past blog posts:


Anyway, Amabel's book is out now, and I have my print copy ready to read again in its final, polished form! I can't wait. It's on my GoodReads "tbr" (see link below). Meanwhile, here is the cover, and the entertaining blurb:


A new beginning. Turning a leaf. All that crap.

After her divorce and the death of one of her patients, an ER nurse, Kelly Newland, searches for a fresh start in the little town of Churchston, unaware that trouble and danger has followed her. As she learns to accept her failures in life, she befriends some of the locals, except for one disgruntled man, the hero everybody loves to hate.

He could feel their stares on his back, their judgments hovering over their heads.

Will Parker suffers from PTSD, and as the black sheep of the sleepy lakeside community, he struggles to get back up on his feet. Initially, Kelly and Will mix like oil and water, but as a series of dangerous incidents strike the people closest to them, their antagonism turns from cool to hot. It is only when they realize it is impossible to resist each other that a killer closes in on them, threatening the love they've dared to find.

I really loved this book even in its rough form - it is very suspenseful, as well as romantic, and amusing. But I'll be putting up a proper review on GoodReads and so on once I've read the finished product.

Purchase links:

7 comments:

  1. Hi Trisha - you've given Amabel a good start for her book - and it sounds enticing ... good luck to her - and wishing you the best as you finish off NaNo .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Amabel! Cool you got to read it early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great voice in this one. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Amabel and glad you helped beta her book Trisha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo! Intriguing book.

    Thanks for the blitz, and a very Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great feeling to get to see a manuscript rough and then know you helped the writer get it that much closer to the finished product. So nice that you're promoting it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!