Friday 20 November 2015

NaNo update



See my little NaNo calender widget thing? That red square on the Thursday is a bald-faced lie! I did update on that day, but I forgot to update until it was already midnight. I honestly think that must have been Friday, because who stays up till midnight on a "school night"? Not me!

(except I did last night, but that's because I'm reading a rather gripping book...which I may well talk about during the Cephalopod Book Club next week... stay tuned)


So anyway, this where I'm at with NaNo 2015. Let's just say I'm keeping up a relatively new tradition of struggling through November. There used to be a time when I would smash out 50k easily in the first 6 - 12 days, and relax the rest of the time, all the while trying to complete a novel by November's end. That isn't my reality any longer. But at least I'm writing. And at least I'm working on getting back into all my creative interests.

I hope I don't struggle to get writing done tonight, since I have a few after-work appointments to get through before I can start.

I hope you're all having a great November.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Trisha ... well done on getting where you're at now ... I hope you're ready to write when you get back from the day work etc ... have a good weekend - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still have a good chance of hitting it. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post dear! You have a wonderful blog:)
    What about following each other on Instagram, bloglovin, Twitter?.. :)

    www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got this, Trisha!
    I'm not participating in NaNo this year...but see you at the finish line. :D I'll pop in then to see your final update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've nearly finished Nano! Well done!
    (apologies if I've posted this twice, having difficulty with posting on Blogger.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted your other comment, no worries :)

      I finished last night, a day early. What a relief! Though the novel isn't finished yet. I'd like to get that done in the next week or two.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on doing so well during NaNoWriMo! And I see from your comment that you finished a day early! Wow! It's cool that you used a widget to help you keep up; without something like that, I know I would quickly fall behind. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy some much needed writing rest in December. :) Time for editing, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!